English Cottage Chic Gardening Services
Terms & Conditions
Dated: 12th March 2012
Revised: 9th December 2019
Reviewed: 13th December 2020
For the purposes of these terms and conditions the following definitions shall apply:
"The Company" or "We" shall mean Roger Leppard, t/a: English Cottage Chic Gardening Services and its appointed agents, to include Independent Licensed Operators
"The Customer" or "You" shall mean the person or organization who books a job and/or for whom the Company agrees to undertake works and/or supply materials.
The "Operative" shall mean the representative appointed by the Company to undertake the work.
1. Payment is due on completion of the work unless otherwise stated. For regular maintenance work, an invoice and/or statement can be issued at the end of the month. Clients are requested to pay within 10 days of receipt of the invoice/statement.
2. Payment made via electronic transfer must include your name and invoice number.
Our account details: English Cottage Chic., Sort Code: 20-79-29, Account number 30433527.
If paying by cheque please write address and invoice number on the reverse. This is to ensure the money is credited to the correct account.
3. Overdue accounts and late payers shall be liable to late payment charges.
4. A fixed price quotation shall be in writing.
5. There is a minimal visit charge of one hour per property.
6. The day rate is for 6 hours worked. Unless a fixed price quotation has been agreed prior to the work taking place. We will apply the day rate or hourly rate, plus materials and expenses to your invoice
7. If we are required to remove green waste from the garden, this is subject to an additional charge. English Cottage Chic Gardening is registered with the Environment Agency and certified as a low tier waste carrier, broker and dealer. Authorised to under the Waste (England and Wales) Regulations 2011, to collect and transport garden waste. Registration number CBDL281710
8. Time taken in travelling to and from a garden centre or other place to purchase plants, seeds, bulbs, materials on behalf of a customer is chargeable at the standard hourly rate.
9. In the event that the Operative is unable to gain access to the premises at which you have booked a job you will be liable to pay a minimum amount equivalent to the one hour charge. This shall apply irrespective of the job being booked directly by you or by someone on your behalf e.g. tenant.
10. We shall agree with you a date and time for the works to be undertaken and we shall use our best endeavors’ to ensure the Operative attends at the agreed date and/or time. However we accept no liability in respect of the non attendance or late attendance of the Operative or for the late or non delivery of materials.
11. Any date or dates included in our estimate or quote are estimated dates only and we shall not be in breach of this agreement for failing to start or finish work by any date given in our estimate or quote
12. When we have completed the work and/or supplied goods and materials we shall invite you to inspect the work and/or the goods and/or materials.
13. We shall not be liable for and accept no responsibility for unavoidable damage caused, or any unforeseeable loss you may suffer as a result of the work carried out, nor shall we be liable for any loss of any nature which is not caused by our negligence or our breach of the terms of the agreement between us.
14. You must let us know of anything which you believe may present a hazard or danger to the Operative carrying out work before such work is started. You must also make sure that we have clear access to the work area and provide us with a supply of mains electricity and water if necessary. If we incur additional work or expense as a result of your failure to provide us with clear access, mains electricity and water, we may charge you a reasonable additional sum in respect of such additional work and/or expense.
15. Nothing in these Terms and Conditions shall reduce your statutory rights relating to workmanship and to faulty or misdescribed goods or those relating to our ownership of goods and materials supplied by us to you.
These terms and conditions shall be governed and construed in accordance with English law and shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English law.
Roger Leppard, t/a English Cottage Chic Gardening Services has public liability insurance.
ENGLISH COTTAGE CHIC GARDENING SERVICES,
9, Hollywood Close, North Baddesley, Southampton, SO52 9HA
TELEPHONE / TEXT : 07437 013546
This website is copyright of English Cottage Chic 2021